I can always tell, within an hour of waking up, what type of day it’s going to be. Calm and relaxed or frenzied? Energetic or tiresome? Happy or not-so-much.
For me, the activities that I engage in before 9 am have a tendency to set the tone for the day. I know it will be a great one if the following five things happen;
1. I awake before the alarm and my husband brings me coffee in bed (he’s been doing this for 18 years now; I know, I’m spoiled).
2. I have time to sit down to a healthy, satisfying breakfast (instead of feeding myself while standing at the counter and preparing breakfast and lunch for everyone else). This morning, I had overnight oats topped with Holy Crap cereal and strawberries. Yum!
3. I remember to take my GNC vitamins.
4. My children awake happy and allow themselves to be hugged and kissed by mom.
5. I have an exercise plan. Today is my day away from teaching and training clients and I’m excited to try a new Hatha Flow class at Kushala Yoga.
What needs to happen in your morning for your day to be a happy one?