- Are you tired of jumping from exercise program to exercise program without seeing any real change in your body?
- Group fitness classes no longer moving you towards your health and fitness goals?
- Know that you’d benefit from an individualized approach to exercise and nutrition but don’t have access to a personal trainer who’s experienced working with women in their 40’s and 50’s?
- Need regular check-ins for motivation and accountability but not necessarily someone to meet you at the gym and count your reps?
Sounds like you’re the perfect candidate for 1-on-1 Online Fitness Coaching
I’m Tamara Grand and I’d love to be your virtual Fitness Coach.
What sets me apart from other online trainers?
- I believe in meeting my clients where they are. Most of my clients are women just like you. Women who have full and busy lives. Women who want help finding nutritional strategies and an exercise program that doesn’t require long hours at the gym or an obsessive focus on calorie counting. Women who aren’t looking for quick fixes or overnight results, but the gateway to a long life of being able to continue doing the things they love. Women who appreciate the value of self-care and know that when they’re healthy and happy, they’re better able to care for those who rely on them.
- I believe in setting my clients up for success. There’s nothing worse than expecting a woman who hasn’t exercised in ages to suddenly commit to hour-long daily workouts. Two weeks in and she’s feeling badly for having missed yet another exercise session, ready to throw in the towel and wondering what’s wrong with her. Why can’t she get this? The secret to becoming a long term exerciser is all in the set-up. Create a strong foundation by underwhelming your body and your schedule. Feel good about what you’re doing, rather than bad about what you’re not. Set yourself up for success and build on those feelings, little by little, week by week.
- I’m personally familiar with the midlife body changes my clients are experiencing. I’m 48 1/2 and can no longer eat or exercise the way I could in my 20’s and 30’s. Those approaches just don’t work anymore. Fluctuating hormones, slowing metabolism and changing life priorities have required me to find other solutions. I understand and can empathize with the challenges and frustrations my clients share with me. I’m a certified MenoFitness trainer and am fully schooled in the most up-to-date approaches to exercise and nutrition through the peri-menopause years.
- I believe in quality over quantity. Many personal trainers turn to online training because they can ‘see’ more clients in a week. But that increased volume comes at a cost to the client. The more clients I need to be available for, the less time and attention I can devote to each. Because I wear a number of hats (I teach group fitness, train clients in person at the gym, run online group training programs, write this blog AND honour myself by prioritizing my own fitness), I limit the number of clients I work with at any given time.
- I require potential clients to apply to work with me. My time is my most precious gift. Not everyone who wants to work with me is ready to commit to the process and hold up their end of the relationship. My approach to exercise and nutrition works, but only when my clients prioritize their fitness and do their homework. Coaching women who are truly ready to do the work required to realize their goals is one of the most gratifying aspects of my job. You’ll find the application form at the bottom of this page.
What does 1-on-1 Online Fitness Coaching entail?
- 3-months of individualized exercise programs (one per month, with weekly schedules and progressions), based on your fitness level, abilities and the equipment you have available to work with (either at home or at the gym)
- bi-weekly (that’s every other week) 20-minute coaching calls via Skype, Google Hangout or Viber (a free, long-distance app for iPhone)
- a personalized nutrition plan based on your health and fitness goals as well as any dietary preferences or food allergies you may have
- unlimited check-ins and e-support via e-mail, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
The cost of the program is $182 per month ($545 for three months, paid in full prior to our first coaching call). Once we’ve determined that we’re a good fit, I’ll send you an invoice via PayPal.
You can read more about my training philosophies and credentials here.
And if you’d like to see some of the nice things that current and former clients have to say about working with me, check out these Testimonials.