Birds of a feather flock together.
We humans love to hang around with other humans. Many of our waking hours are spent in the company of others. And, no surprise here, the people we spend the most time with have the biggest effect on our behaviour; including our eating and exercise habits.
Find the right circle of friends and you’ll find sticking to an exercise schedule or diet much easier. That’s one of the reasons organized weight-loss groups and exercise classes are so popular and result in better exercise adherence and weight loss.
In addition to the motivation, accountability and support such groups provide, members also benefit from observational learning; we change our behaviour as a simple consequence of watching the actions and outcomes of others’ behaviour.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Not everyone has access to a local, in-person support group. Some of us live in small communities where such groups don’t exist. Others have difficulty finding a local tribe of like-minded individuals. Often times, group meetings don’t mesh with our work and family schedules.
That’s where online fitness communities come in.
They allow us to connect with like-minded people both near and far.
We can check in when it’s convenient or when we need an extra shot of encouragement and support.
We can access a fitness professional whose interests and experience are similar to our own.
And we can do it all from the comfort of our home (and home gym).
#40plusfitness Monthly Online Training Group
One of the key elements of this program is membership in a private Facebook group. A place where participants meet daily to encourage and uplift one another (as well as to vent and share TMI tidbits about their lives). Many members have commented that, in addition to the workouts I provide, participation in the Facebook group is what’s kept them coming back to the program month after month.
I’ve made some wonderful connections with like-minded (with similar struggles) women. We cheered each other on, laughed at our slips and groaned together about our newly discovered muscles.
I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the facebook group, I need more motivation, input and support then I realized. It felt good to hear others with the same challenges..I am NOT alone in this journey…this program was incredible and VERY valuable. Thanks!!
There really are no words to describe the Facebook group…what an awesome group of ladies! The motivation and support I found there was worth the price of admission!! I feel blessed to have been on this journey with each of them.
Thank you Tamara for putting this program together. You have a vey well laid out, very balanced program and I am very happy with my results. The motivation and support you provided throughout this program was amazing! Awesome job!!
This was a great program and I would highly recommend it to friends who are ready to put in the work.
We’d love to have you join us!
Registration for the next 4-month session (October 1st 2014 through January 31st, 2015) opens today and includes the following:
- an individually customizable workout plan specifically designed for women dealing with the challenges of mid-life hormonal change (including modifications for varying fitness levels and abilities; I’ll help you determine the best options for you, but do not create individualized plans for participants). Beginners are welcome!
- access to a participants-only video exercise demonstration library (so you can make sure you’re doing the exercises properly; multiple modifications are provided to ensure you’re doing the best workout for your body and fitness goals)
- membership in a private Facebook group (to get quick answers to questions and to provide accountability and a sense of community)
- summaries of the latest scientific research about fitness, nutrition and healthy living as it relates to women over 40
- 24/7 e-support (or as close to it as I can manage; contrary to popular belief, I do sleep )
- optional one-on-one Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangout sessions if you need additional support (for example, a more customized program, help with goal setting or just a quick critique and assessment of your exercise form)
Need more information?
Ready to get started?
Complete the registration form below.
Registration is limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis. Registration will be closed Friday, September 26th at 6:00 pm PST OR upon reaching maximum capacity; whichever comes first.
We look forward to you joining our happy little online fitness community and helping you work towards your health and fitness goals.