Wednesday is the last day for registration in the 2nd session of the popular 10-week Online Group Training Program for women over 40. (There are already nearly 50 women motivating and supporting each other in the private Facebook group; we’d love to have you join in!).
In addition to workout plans, recipes and nutritional information and tips for managing your hormones through lifestyle and behavioural change, there will also be PRIZES!
Each week, one lucky participant will receive one of ten prizes generously donated by a variety of brands interested in supporting and promoting women’s health!
In no particular order, I give you….
1. Lenny & Larry’s. If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you’ll know that I love my chocolate. Even better when it’s low in sugar and packs a protein punch. Lenny & Larry’s Fit Brownies come in three delicious flavours; Chocolate Decadence (my favourite), Chocolate Raspberry (my second favourite) and Peanut Butter Crunch (which I have yet to sample, but sounds delicious). Each weighs in at 190 calories, with 13 grams of protein and 7 grams of fibre it’s a bar I can ‘get behind’ (as opposed to ‘get a behind from’ ). Plus, it’s gluten-free, non-GMO, low GI and Kosher, to boot. Our winner will enjoy one box of each of the three flavours (that’s 12 of each flavour!).
2. Skirt Sports. Who doesn’t love to look a bit ‘girly’ when they workout? Running skirts and skirted capris are a fun and functional way to change up your usual shorts and crops. I own both a Tough Girl (in basic black; see last spring’s review here) and a Gym Girl Ultra (in “Untamed Print”; see photo to the left), and honestly, I can’s decide which I love more! Good thing we have a change of seasons up here so I can switch back and forth between the heavier Tough Girl and her summer time companion! One of our winners will receive a Happy Girl Skirt (’cause exercise makes us happy, right?) and all members of the group can take advantage of a 20% off promo code (I’ll share it with you in the Facebook group next week).
3. Menopause Chicks. Shirley’s website is a must-read for any woman who’s living the roller coaster called peri-menopause. Her goal is to ‘crack open the conversation’ and encourage women to speak to their doctors and each other about this oh-so-natural part of life. In a recent post, Shirley shared an excerpt from Dr. Sara Gottfried’s book, “The Hormone Cure”, with suggestions to help women determine what the root cause of their menopausal symptoms might be. Thanks to the Menopause Chicks, one lucky participant will receive their very own copy of Dr. Gottfried’s book. Follow the conversation on Twitter and Facebook!
4. Holy Crap Cereal. While I don’t consume very many packaged foods, I’m always on the look out for a healthier cereal option. With only chia, buckwheat, hemp hearts, dried fruit and cinnamon, Holy Crap fits the bill! It’s gluten-free, no-sugar added and non-GMO. All you need is a tablespoon or two to fill you up and keep you ‘regular’. And it’s the perfect addition to make-your-own squares and protein bars. Haven’t tried it yet? If you’re the winner, you’ll receive 3 packages, delivered straight to your kitchen (you’ll have to deliver it to your own belly!).
5. and 6. North Coast Naturals. Two of the challenges many women face when they start to exercise more and pay attention to nutrition, is (1) getting enough protein in their diets and (2) finding enough time to plan healthy meals and snacks. Shakes and smoothies can be a god-send when you’re time crunched and protein starved. Unlike many protein powders and nutritional supplement companies, North Coast Naturals uses only the highest quality certified organic and natural ingredients in their products. Each of two participants will receive a generous prize package containing Ultimate Daily Greens, Raw Hemp Seeds and a tub of Soya Protein. Follow them on Facebook for nutrition tips and delicious recipes featuring a variety of their products (and watch their blog for a guest post on peri-menopause and nutrition, written by yours truly).
7. Fitknitchick. In addition to this 10-week program, I’ve also started a monthly ‘grad program’ to help my #40plusfitness peeps continue moving towards their health and fitness goals once the program is over, I’ll be offering a three month subscription to this extended program to one of the participants of the current 40+ female group.
8-10. To be announced…
Disclaimer: All of the above brand sponsors have provided product for me to give to my participants as prizes. As you can probably tell by the links to previous posts, they’re all products that I love and use myself!