Tomorrow is the last day for registration in my upcoming 10-week Online Group Training Program for women over 40. (There are already nearly 50 women motivating and supporting each other in the private Facebook group; we’d love to have you join in!).
In addition to workout plans, recipes and nutritional information and tips for managing your hormones through lifestyle and behavioural change, there will also be PRIZES!
Each week, one lucky participant will receive one of ten prizes generously donated by a variety of brands interested in supporting and promoting women’s health!
In no particular order, I give you….
1. Handful. Designed by Jennifer Ferguson, a long time fitness enthusiast, group fitness instructor and marathon runner, Handful has become not only my favourite sports bra, but my every day bra of choice. Their hashtag #flatternotflatten is an apt description of the garment’s best attribute; the first day I wore one to the gym, a colleague asked me if I’d ‘had some work done’! Find Handful on Facebook and follow them on Twitter to be the first to know when the newest fall colours (green and orange; hooray!) are ready to order. (And choose from these, as well as their current colours, purple, white, black, grey and nude, if you’re the winner!).
2. Lenny & Larry’s. If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you’ll know that I love my chocolate. Even better when it’s low in sugar and packs a protein punch. Lenny & Larry’s Fit Brownies come in three delicious flavours; Chocolate Decadence (my favourite), Chocolate Raspberry (my second favourite) and Peanut Butter Crunch (which I have yet to sample, but sounds delicious). Each weighs in at 190 calories, with 13 grams of protein and 7 grams of fibre it’s a bar I can ‘get behind’ (as opposed to ‘get a behind from’ ). Plus, it’s gluten-free, non-GMO, low GI and Kosher, to boot. Our winner will enjoy an assorted 12 pack PLUS a Muscle Brownie/Cookie pack AND a Lenny & Larry’s t-shirt. Have your brownies and wear them too!
3. Albion Fit. Who doesn’t love new workout clothing? Especially when it has thumbholes! Albion Fit designs flattering, well-fitting workout clothes and bathing suits for women looking for both beauty and practicality in their garments. My teal Classic Racerback spends more time in the laundry basket than in the dresser; a sign of a well worn and well loved exercise top! (You can see my review of the piece here). ‘Like’ their Facebook page to stay in the loop about new products and follow them on Twitter so as never to miss a sale! The winner will receive the ‘Go Long Crew’ (pictured top right) in their choice of colour and size (did I mention it has thumbholes?).
4. Heads Up Bands. As much as I love the look and functionality of headbands as a workout accessory, I’ve never found one that was able to both keep my long, thick mane of hair in place without simultaneously giving me a headache. Thankfully, Lorrie, owner of Heads Up Bands convinced me to give her’s a try. Voila! In addition to doing the job pain-free, they’re also a beautiful way to accessorize your workout attire. They’re available in two widths (thick and thin) and too many fun and funky patterns to count. My favourite? “Do The Dot” in blue! Winner will receive two bands, in the pattern and width of their choice!
5. Skirt Sports. Who doesn’t love to look a bit ‘girly’ when they workout? Running skirts and skirted capris are a fun and functional way to change up your usual shorts and crops. I own both a Tough Girl (in basic black; see last spring’s review here) and a Gym Girl Ultra (in “Untamed Print”; see photo to the left), and honestly, I can’s decide which I love more! Good thing we have a change of seasons up here so I can switch back and forth between the heavier Tough Girl and her summer time companion! One of our winners will receive a $75 gift certificate to spend on the item of their choice (here’s hoping they have an easier time choosing than I did!).
6. Menopause Chicks. Shirley’s website is a must-read for any woman who’s living the roller coaster called peri-menopause. Her goal is to ‘crack open the conversation’ and encourage women to speak to their doctors and each other about this oh-so-natural part of life. In a recent post, Shirley shared an excerpt from Dr. Sara Gottfried’s book, “The Hormone Cure”, with suggestions to help women determine what the root cause of their menopausal symptoms might be. Thanks to the Menopause Chicks, one lucky participant will receive their very own copy of Dr. Gottfried’s book. Follow the conversation on Twitter and Facebook!
7. Holy Crap Cereal. While I don’t consume very many packaged foods, I’m always on the look out for a healthier cereal option. With only chia, buckwheat, hemp hearts, dried fruit and cinnamon, Holy Crap fits the bill! It’s gluten-free, no-sugar added and non-GMO. All you need is a tablespoon or two to fill you up and keep you ‘regular’. And it’s the perfect addition to make-your-own squares and protein bars. Haven’t tried it yet? If you’re the winner, you’ll receive 3 packages, delivered straight to your kitchen (you’ll have to deliver it to your own belly!).
8. Estroven. Weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats. Peri-menopause is SO much fun… But many of it’s symptoms can be reduced naturally, using herbs like black cohosh and soy-isoflavones. Estroven Weight Management is an all-natural supplement providing safe, multi-symptom menopause relief from hot flashes and night sweats. More info on this new product next week on the blog (I’ll be reviewing it and talking more about the benefits of combining natural therapies and exercise to combat menopausal symptoms…).
9. Arbonne. Before I discovered Arbonne, I jumped from one drugstore skin care product line to another, never really noticing much of an affect on the quality or appearance of my skin. A coincidental combined shopping and spa evening at one of my favourite local clothing stores changed all of that. I’ve been using Arbonne’s RE9 skincare line for nearly two years now and couldn’t be happier with the results. I love that my ‘program’ has multiple steps; I often use the minute or two between cleansing, toning, serum application and moisturizing to do a quick set of shoulder presses or bicep curls! My friend and local Arbonne consultant, Lyndsy, has generously offered to provide one of my winners with a sample of RE9 Corrective Eye Cream (gotta do what we can to keep those laugh lines at bay!).
10. Fitknitchick. In addition to in-person training and group fitness classes, I also work with clients virtually. I’ll be offering one month of 1-on-1 online fitness coaching (program plus e-support) to one of the participants of my 40+ female group. All the better to continue with the incredible work I know they’ll be doing in the upcoming months!
Disclaimer: All of the above brand sponsors have provided product for me to give to my participants as prizes. As you can probably tell by the links to previous posts, they’re all products that I love and use myself!