I used to teach a weekly Bosu class. Sixty minutes of balance training, core, speed, agility and strength. I gave it up because it conflicted with Sunday family time.
But I miss it (and my body misses it; the ‘use it or lose it’ principle definitely applies to balance training 😉 ).
- improved balance (guess that’s why it’s called a ‘balance’ trainer)
- better core stabilization (just standing on the dome activates all sorts of tiny stabilizer muscles; muscles you probably didn’t even know you had)
- stronger knees and ankles (a must if you want to protect yourself from falling on ice or tripping over your children’s toys)
- enhanced proprioception (knowing where your body is in space)
Today’s #FatblasterFriday workout combines upper and lower body strength moves with some plyometrics and a bit of fast foot work. Only 6 exercises, performed circuit style, 30 s on, 10 s off. Twice through the circuit and you’re free to get on with your day!
You’ll need a set of hand weights and a Bosu balance trainer (but don’t fret if you don’t have one or somebody let the air out of yours… I’ve included Bosu-less options as well).
Did you like this workout? Then PLEASE
- WATCH and DO the workouts with me
- SUBSCRIBE to fitknitchick on YouTube
- CHECK OUT the #FatblasterFriday Playlist for more, real time workouts
- PIN the above WORKOUT PHOTO
- GIVE me your FEEDBACK on YouTube or in the COMMENTS section below
- LIKE and SHARE my videos with your friends via email, Facebook and Twitter
More VIEWS, LIKES, COMMENTS and SHARES –>> More VIDEOS!
Disclaimer: Although I am a registered Personal Trainer, I am not YOUR Personal Trainer. Always adapt workouts to suit your body and fitness level. Always consult your doctor before beginning a new exercise program.