I just finished hosting (and participating in) my first ever DietBet.
Who knew that a social weight loss game could be so much fun?
- 208 participants collectively lost in excess of 1 429 pounds (that’s about 7 whole people worth of weight!).
- More than half of them (114) met their monthly weight loss goal (4% of their body weight at the beginning of the challenge) and were rewarded with their share of the pot. (Sadly, I missed my goal by a mere 7-tenths of a pound, but did manage to tame my sugar addiction and undo most of the holiday damage…)
- About a third of them actively participated in the forum, sharing their daily workouts, meals, challenges and successes and enthusiastically cheering each other on.
DietBet’s slogan is “Lose weight, have fun and make money”
I would like to add another clause.
Lose weight, have fun, make money, and build community!
At the request of many of last month’s participants, I’ve agreed to host a follow up game. Building on the momentum that we’ve created and inviting new friends to join our supportive and engaged community!
Round 2 starts this Friday (February 8th) and registration is already hopping!
Here’s how it works:
- Join Fitknitchick’s DietBet Round 2 <<<<—— by clicking on the link.
- Set up your profile and ante up ($25)
- Submit your starting weight photo a couple of days before the contest starts (photos and weights remain private; nobody will see it but you; you will receive an email 48 before the game starts with instructions!)
- Lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks and claim your share of the pot (combined ante less DietBet’s administrative costs)!
The more participants, the bigger the pot and the larger your potential winnings!
In addition to the monetary prize, I’ll also be rewarding the game’s MVP (the person who brings the most friends to the game; check out the ‘invite friends’ tool once you’ve registered) a special ‘fitknitchick’ prize; 2 packages of my favourite weight loss support cereal, Holy Crap!
And since a big part of weight loss is getting adequate exercise, I’ll be posting free workouts on my Facebook page every Tuesday and Thursday for the duration of the challenge! Make sure you’ve ‘liked’ my page and have added it to your interests list (details on how to do it can be found here).
Have you ever participated in a social weight loss game before?
Are you still on track with your January health and fitness goals?
Disclaimer: DietBet compensates the hosts of all DietBet competitions. The nutrition tips, workouts and encouragement of participants, however, comes directly from me!