No matter how fit you are, climb a long staircase quickly enough and three things will happen:
- your heart rate will skyrocket
- your thighs will burn
- you’ll continue to huff and puff for a minute or two afterwards
Perhaps not the most desirable of consequences when you’re dressed for an evening out, but EXACTLY what you need if a stronger, leaner body is what you’re looking for!
In addition to being great for your legs and lungs, because stair climbing is anaerobic, you’ll also continue to burn calories AFTER the workout is done (a little trick known as the ‘after burn’ effect).
Presenting #FatblasterFriday’s “Staircase Circuit Workout”!
An all body weight, multi-level, staircase circuit workout designed to build muscle, torch fat and strengthen your heart and lungs!
Tailor the workout to YOUR fitness level and ability by varying (1) the length of the staircase and (2) how quickly you ascend.
Do the circuit in the video 3 times through for an efficient and fat-blasting workout!
It MAKES MY DAY when you —>>>
- WATCH and DO the workouts with me
- SUBSCRIBE to fitknitchick on YouTube
- CHECK OUT the #FatblasterFriday Playlist for more, real time workouts
- PIN the WORKOUT PHOTO below
- GIVE me your FEEDBACK on YouTube or in the COMMENTS section on this page
- LIKE and SHARE my videos with your friends via email, Facebook and Twitter
Disclaimer: Although I am a registered Personal Trainer, I am not YOUR Personal Trainer (although I could be! Check out my NEW ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM). Always adapt workouts to suit your body and fitness level. Always consult your doctor before beginning a new exercise program.