It’s National Women’s Health Week!
Now I know that all of my readers try and make healthy lifestyle choices, right?
We exercise regularly, eat healthily, get enough sleep and manage the stress in our day-to-day lives by meditating, practicing yoga or knitting.
But what about our friends and family? We all know at least one woman who could benefit from a bit of ‘healthifying’, don’t we?
This week, I challenge you to help another woman improve one aspect of her health; nutrition, fitness, sleep or stress.
Need some ideas?
- invite her to take a walk with you; moderate exercise, vitamin D and positive social interactions all have health benefits
- bake her a ‘clean eating’ treat (recipe ideas here)
- babysit her children for an evening; best stress reduction gift I know of!
- give her a copy of ‘Clean Eating’ magazine
- invite her to come to yoga with you (that’s how I got started)
- sign her up for my Monthly Newsletter (top left corner of this page; shameless plug, I know)
- give her a hug (it needs to be at least 7 seconds long to promote the release of oxytocin, a feel good hormone)
- make her laugh
I’m sure you have lots more ideas about helping a friend improve their health.
Please share! And have a happy National Women’s Health Week yourself!