Have you ever found a product that you love so much you can’t fathom how you managed to live without it for so long? If you’re at all like me, you tell everyone you know about it until every time you bring up the subject they quickly switch to talking about the weather or the Canucks (neither of which have been impressive of late).
If you’ve recently witnessed me gush about any of the following, you’re free to leave now. (But of course, go directly to Tuesday Trainer where I’m demonstrating a Tabata interval featuring one of my beloved products). Otherwise, read on as I tell you about my five favourite fitness finds!
1. I know. We’ve been down this road before. But I just can’t say enough wonderful things about Holy Crap Cereal. I’m going through a package every two weeks. I can’t stop adding it to oatmeal, pancakes, yogurt and protein bars. If you’ve still not managed to try it, what are you waiting for? It’s available for order online, with free shipping to both the US and Canada, so you don’t need to walk any farther than your computer to get your hands on some. I sent some to my March Foodie Pen Pal who too, has fallen in love.
2. I always wear makeup when I workout. Nothing heavy, but a light, sheer tinted moisturizer makes me look more alive when I’m teaching classes and training clients. (You did see that first-thing-in-the-morning photo I posted last week, right?). Of course, sweating and wiping my face with a towel pretty much means that any makeup I apply before breakfast will no longer be in evidence by lunch.
Not so with the help of two Arbonne products, introduced to me by my friend (and Arbonne Consultant extraordinaire!) Lyndsy; their Makeup Primer (who even knew you were supposed to ‘prime’ before applying makeup?) and Perfecting Liquid Foundation with SPF15. Both go on smooth as silk and stay where I put them ALL DAY LONG (but only if I remember to ‘blot’ the sweat off my face rather than ‘wipe’).
3. Although I’ve known about the value of using a heart rate monitor when working out for a long time, until recently, I’ve never gotten around to buying one for myself. I knew I wanted something that I could wear as my every day watch and found this gem by Timex. It’s their Ironman Road Trainer watch and heart rate monitor.
I’ve gotten in the habit of wearing it during spin and boot camp classes to see just how many calories I’m burning and to make sure I’m working hard enough. The output shows me minimum, maximum and average heart rate during the workout, as well as the number of minutes I managed to stay in my target heart rate zone. I love it and have become addicted to snapping a photo of my calorie burn (or some other metric) at the end of each workout. Not wearing a heart rate monitor? You should be; you’ll be surprised at how hard (or not) you’re actually working and will probably think twice about indulging in an after-workout mocha frappuccino!
4. A few months ago a blogger friend of mine posted about a workout outfit she had ordered from a company making radically different fitness clothes. Enter YMX by Yellowman. Their designs are based on tribal and tattoo motifs and definitely stand out from the crowd. Unwilling to pay the exorbitant fee to have it shipped to Canada (not YMX by Yellowman’s fault; something to do with Canadian customs…), I ordered a tank top and had it delivered (much more economically) to the Californian hotel we stayed at during our spring break holiday.
I love everything about it! The colours, the fabric (silky feeling, SPF and anti-stink) and the fit! It’s almost too pretty to sweat in. I’m planning to order the matching leggings, to be delivered to me at the upcoming Fitness and Health Bloggers Conference in Denver.
5. And last, but not least, my pretty, little Gymboss interval timer.
So handy for boot camp classes, Spartacus-style workouts and Tabata training. Check out one of my favourite two-move Tabata workouts and then click on over to Lindsay’s List to see what the other Tuesday Trainers have in store!
What are YOUR current favourite fitness products?