If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, you know that if it’s Friday, it’s dessert night!
While my kids would prefer some sticky, sweet store-bought cake, I try as often as I can, to tempt them with a healthier version of one of their favourite desserts.
With only 45 min before dinner needed to be on the table, it had to be something quick and easy. I flipped open one of my standard go-to cookbooks (The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook) and once again, found something that (1) looked great, (2) only took 25 minutes to cook and (3) I actually had all of the ingredients for on hand! (Well, not quite all of them, but I am an experimentalist, at heart; I replaced the blackberries the recipe called for with blueberries and strawberries).
Clean Eating Apple Blackberry Crumble
- 1 apple, cored and diced with peel on
- 1 cup blueberries (I used fresh, but you could substitute frozen)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raw oats (not instant)
- 1/4 whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
1. Combine fruit, lemon juice and cinnamon in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 min.
3. Pour fruit mixture into a lightly greased baking dish (I used canola oil for this)
4. Combine oats, flour, oil and raisins, stirring until dry ingredients are moist.
5. Spoon dry mixture over fruit.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes (or until bubbly and crisp)
Once again, it’s time for the Friday Fitness Blog Hop! Click on the link below to connect with even more fitness bloggers!